Customer Expectation Sheet for Quartz Tops
Engineered Stone is pure and natural quartz. Variation in the natural stone (quartz) color, pattern, size, shape, and shade, are inherent and unique characteristics to be expected with this product. This down not affect the product performance in any manner.
Your countertop will not be replaced due to variations in engineered stone as described above.
There are, generally, two phases involved in the installation of your new stone countertops:
Measurement / Template and Installation. If our measure technician or installers arrive at the jobsite and conditions outlined in items 1 – 3 below are not met, Counter Tops & Cabinets, Inc will reschedule the job and a return trip charge will be billed.
1. Preparation: The area of measure must be clear of any obstructions including microwave, dishes, tools, etc. It is the responsibility of the contractor/homeowner to ensure that all cabinetry and end panels are completely and permanently installed (flat and true). Heavy countertops, such as granite or engineered stone, must be level in order to eliminate stress on corners, cutouts, and seams. Appliance garages are the exception and should not be installed until after the installation of the countertop.
2. On Site: All sinks, faucets, soap dispensers, hot/cold water dispensers, cook-tops, and slide-in ranges must be on site, at time of measure and may be brought to CounterTops & Cabinets, Inc. for fabrication purposes. Appliances that are not part of the countertops, such as dishwashers, stoves and refrigerators, must be in place.
3. Authorization: Homeowner or designated decision maker, over the age of 18, must be present at the time of measure and install, and be responsible for approving all the details of the countertop.
4. Stone countertops have seams that are visible and noticeable to the naked eye. Seam locations are established before fabrication at the discretion of CounterTops & Cabinets, Inc. The products pattern and shade can change at the seam. Elevators, some doorways/hallways, winding staircases, upper cabinets, weight of top, initial slab size, and cutout locations dictate the maximum size of stone pieces, the number of seams needed, and where those seams will fall. All stone tops are completely customized and are non-returnable/refundable.
5. Changes in specification or color will not be accepted after measure/template is complete. A template charge will be billed if job is cancelled.
6. The standard overhang on most average cabinets is 1½ “. The term “overhang” refers to the amount of countertop that surpasses the edge of a cabinet. Zodiaq countertops can support 15”. However, at least 75% of the total countertop must be supported by cabinets, an island or knee wall. All overhangs in excess of those mentioned above, will require corbels or brackets and must be installed PRIOR to countertop installation.
7. In the case of unusual conditions, e.g. job site is difficult to reach, excessive stairs, or the top is larger than average, and a crew of three or more installers is required, and Extra Man Charge may be applied.
8. Countertops & Cabinets, Inc. does not provide warranty coverage for products we do not manufacture. Please refer to manufacturer’s warranty regarding coverage for sinks, faucets, and appliances.
9. And, finally, our installers are moving extremely heavy countertops. For your own safety, homeowners and children should stay away from the work area and provide unobstructed access when possible. Please be sure all pets are secured during the countertop installation.